Now that winter’s cold weather is upon us, it’s important to remember winter weather safety. Wearing a winter hat keeps you warm, and dry, and prevents hypothermia and frostbite. A hat is designed to keep your body warm, literally.
Keeping your head and ears covered with a quality beanie could be the difference between enjoying that winter hike or having to turn back early because it’s too cold to continue.
Exposure to cold can lead to serious illness, so it is important to be aware of the temperature and how to protect yourself.
Cold exposure can occur in weather that is not freezing. Wind, humidity, and moisture remove body heat, which can eventually lead to hypothermia.
FURTALK Womens Winter Slouchy Beanie Hat Knit Winter Hats for Women Soft Stretch Warm Skull Ski Cap Beanies
REDESS Women Winter Pompom Beanie Hat Fleece Lined Warm Hats, Thick Slouchy Snow Knit Crossed Cap for Ladies…
Benefits of keeping head warm
The cold primarily affects the body’s extremities. Hands and feet are further away from the body’s core and have less blood flow. However, you can deal with low temperatures much better than high temperatures by just adding clothing. Here are some helpful hints:
- Wear several layers of loose clothing. Layering provides better insulation. Layers can also be removed if you become too hot.
- Tight clothing reduces blood circulation. Warm blood needs to be circulated to the extremities.
- When choosing to clothe, be aware that some clothing may restrict movement resulting in a hazardous situation.
- Boots should be waterproof and insulated.
- By wearing a hat, you will keep your whole body warmer. It reduces the amount of body heat that escapes from your head.
- Make sure to protect the ears, face, hands, and feet in extremely cold weather.
- Move into warm locations periodically. Limit the amount of time outside on extremely cold days.
- Carry cold weather gear, such as extra socks, gloves, hats, jackets, blankets, a change of clothes, and a thermos of hot liquid.
- Include a thermometer and chemical hot packs in your first aid kit.
- When working, avoid touching cold metal surfaces with bare skin.
Here are some popular winter hats for women that offer style and warmth.
All the models and types you can find of hats: Baseball caps, Snapback, Fitted hats.
There are few garments in menswear that have the ability to divide opinion quite like the baseball cap.
One thing that is a little different about this baseball hat from most hats is it is Made in the USA.