The FDA is working with U.S. government partners including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, medical product manufacturers, and international partners to address the disease 2020 outbreak.
Answers to questions the general public and consumers may have, including general information and details on biologics, infrared thermometer, medicines, medical devices, and diagnostic tests, and food can be located by viewing the webpages listed below: FDA
- 1 List of FDA approved thermometer
- 2 FDA approved Non-contact thermometer
- 3 FDA approved Forehead thermometer
- 4 FDA approved Medical thermometer
- 5 FDA approved Temporal thermometer
- 6 FDA approved Infrared thermometer
- 7 Medical Grade Thermometer
- 8 Infrared Thermometer made in USA
- 9 Infrared Thermometer Price
List of FDA approved thermometer
Using an infrared thermometer makes it much easier to take a temperature, especially when they’re sick. This style of thermometer can read an individual’s temperature in mere moments, so there is no need to try and make a fussy toddler sit still for a minute or two.
If you’re looking for a good FDA-approved thermometer for your first aid kit, this list features plenty of great options worth considering.
- FDA approved NON contact thermometer
- FDA approved Forehead thermometer
- Medical thermometer
- FDA approved Temporal thermometer
- FDA approved Infrared thermometer
So, why turn your attention to forehead thermometers? Here’s what you need to know before buying one for yourself and your family.
FDA approved Non-contact thermometer
While we may be returning to school, work, and a touch of normalcy, the threat of the pandemic is far from over.
The tests may not be available to everyone everywhere, so one of the best ways to measure your health is through a thermometer.
The latest methods of temperature measurements use infrared technology to provide accurate readings within seconds.
They are non-invasive, as they fall under the non-contact FDA-approved thermometer category, and they can also keep a journal of your measurements. This technology is the most advanced and widely tolerated by the general population.
Since we want to prevent as much cross-contamination as possible, we’ve chosen some of the best non-contact thermometers to keep you safe, healthy, and germ-free.
Get precise and quick forehead temperature measurements without contact when using the new FDA-approved Amplim infrared thermometer. It is designed to take the body temperature of a person regardless of room temperature and is easy to use.
This FDA-approved IR thermometer is intended for industrial and office health screenings and monitoring. When this product is used for human body temperature measurement, it is only used as a reference for fever screening and cannot be used for medical identification. The use of this thermometer is not intended as a substitute for consultation with a health care professional.
- Amplim thermometer specifications
- It is the latest most accurate instant read non-contact infrared thermometer for adults, youngs, kids, and toddlers.
- It is also used to take the temperature of liquids (bottles), objects, surfaces and room temperature.
- Ultra-fast reading by means of a temperature sensor of precision.
- Large, fast, easy-to-read color-coded smart LCD screen.
- Qualified health device for medical and hospital use to care for the sick, fever, flu or cold.
Jumper infrared thermometer
The Jumper Forehead non-contact Thermometer is the best temperature indicator for use during the pandemic. It offers non-touch, accurate measurements of body temperature from infants to adults. It even measures surface temperatures using advanced infrared technology. The thermometer comes with a storage capacity for up to 20 data sets.
- The essential thermometer in every household:
- Only one-button operation.
- Easy to read backlight display.
- Automatic off after 60 seconds.
- Reads in Fahrenheit and Celsius modes for your convenience
FDA approved Forehead thermometer
The onset of a fever is a high temperature. It is imperative to know how high the heat is as it may warrant a visit to the doctor. That is why a medical forehead thermometer is useful as it uses heat waves at the temples to check their temperature. It is fast and ideal for jumpy children, helping you keep their active play lives as healthy as possible.
These medical forehead thermometers are now available over the counter since they have become FDA-approved thermometers for use at home.
Ensure accurate and stable body temperature readings, which is particularly efficient for quickly screening the temperature of groups of people, newborns, and very young children. From a distance of around 5 cm, all you have to do is point toward the forehead and read the temperature on the LCD screen.
IHealth Forehead Thermometer
The IHealth Digital Infrared Thermometer uses state-of-the-art non-contact infrared technology to measure body temperature. With a one-button operation and accurate results in just one second, you can quickly and easily measure body temperature as well as the temperature of surfaces and objects around the home.
- IHealth Thermometer instructions:
- Multiple functions: The temporary thermometer comes with a fever alarm system.
- Quick and simple operation – digital thermometer takes temperature in less than 1 second
- One-button design to measure ear, forehead, room, milk or water temperature.
- Celsius (℃) and Fahrenheit (℉) switch.
- Reliable and accurate, it comes with an infrared temperature sensor.
- After thousands of repeated clinical tests, the measurement results are accurate ± 0.2 ℃ / ± 0.4 ℉.
FDA approved Medical thermometer
Turn to the quality of this Medical Forehead and Ear Thermometer for your needs. It gives you unmatched performance using revolutionary calibration technology. This authentic FDA approved thermometer is clinically tested. It delivers temperature readings with unfailing accuracy and speed.
This professional medical thermometer is trusted by pediatricians and other professionals. The unit is safe to use in all age groups. It offers a result in one second with a loud enough beep to notify you it is done.
The ADC Adtemp Temple Touch Digital Thermometer is a non-invasive solution that provides a clinically accurate, 6-second reading at the temple. Combines patented conductive technology, ease of use, and speed. Ideal for all patients: adults, children, and infants, even newborns, and can be used when the patient is sleeping.
Measures heat flow from the temporal artery to the skin, converting to body temperature in seconds. Reduces the risk of cross-contamination yet needs no probe covers.
Braun Digital Ear Thermometer
Braun ThermoScan measures the infrared heat generated by the eardrum and surrounding tissue. The ear accurately reflects the core body temperature because the eardrum shares the blood supply with the temperature control center in the brain, making the ear an excellent site to measure temperature. When core body temperature rises, it is quickly detectable in the ear.
- Braun thermometer instructions and specifications:
- #1 Brand most used and most recommended by pediatricians in USA
- Fast, gentle and easy to use
- Wide-angle probe for accurate measurements, even on newborns
- ExacTemp® guidance system function
- Light and beep alert for accurate positioning
- Recalls last reading to track temperature results
- Disposable lens filters to avoid cross-contamination
FDA approved Temporal thermometer
There are several methods to measure the temperature these days, through contact or non-contact FDA-approved thermometers. Contact thermometers are used for axillary, oral, or rectal examinations. Chemical thermometers are used for axillary or forehead, and infrared thermometers are measuring your temperature from your temporal artery or tympani.
Iproven temporal thermometer
With its streamlined looks and intuitive design, this thermometer is not only good-looking; it’s also a child’s play to use it. The buttons are large and the thermometer fits in the palm of your hand. The display is easily readable, and the colors show you at a glance whether a fever is at play.
- Upgraded Fever Detection Technology: The DMT-511 Forehead Thermometer is precision-engineered to detect even the slightest rise in temperature.
- Calibrated For Unmatched Accuracy: Our Ear Thermometer for Kids is calibrated for both body and surface temperature measurements.
- Extensively Tested: Thanks to advanced clinical testing, our Forehead, and Ear Thermometer will give you consistent results – over and over again.
Iproven ear and forehead thermometer
- Use the Forehead Mode for an indicative quick scan. Suitable for all ages
- Use the Ear Mode for a more exact measurement. Suitable for babies of 6 months and older.
- Use the Surface Mode to know if your baby’s bottle, bath, or bed is the ideal temperature.
- Don’t wake up your infant: measure while he’s asleep with the mute button.
- The fever indication shows how serious your baby’s fever is. Even in the middle of the night!
- No more worrying and waiting: get results in just one second!
Braun temporal thermometer
The Braun temporal thermometer offers both convenience and professional accuracy. It is fast, gentle, and easy to use: simply place the thermometer gently on the center of the forehead to get accurate readings in just seconds. Its large, easy-to-read screen helps determine the severity of your child’s temperature by displaying green if there is no fever, yellow if there are a slight fever and red for a high temperature. The BFH125 is safe to use on all members of your family.
- Non-Invasive Convenience: Minimize the struggle or stress of temperature taking. Professional accuracy makes it easy to take a reading in seconds by gently touching the forehead.
- How it Works: The Braun forehead thermometer measures the infrared energy radiating from the skin on the center of the forehead, and converts this measurement into an oral equivalent reading.
- Fever Guidance: Large color-coded screen with instant fever detection. A green screen indicates no fever is detected, yellow suggests a slightly elevated temperature, and red signals fever may be present.
- Safe and Hygenic: No probe covers needed. Recommended for infants, children, and adults.
FDA approved Infrared thermometer
Infrared thermometers are devices that allow measuring the temperature of surfaces or objects from a distance. Whether it is plastic or metal, the Infrared thermometer can measure the temperature of all kinds of surfaces and objects.
The manufacturer’s labeling for each thermal imaging system and the FDA-approved infrared thermometer has specific instructions for use and additional information that the user of the device should follow to increase accuracy.
Temperature measurements can also be affected by several factors including, but not limited to, the person’s clothing (including hats and scarves), the testing location and device preparation, the training of the person handling the device, and environmental factors such as room temperature and relative humidity.
Fluke Infrared thermometer
Two-in-one IR and contact thermometers: With Fluke infrared thermometer, you can also take contact and ambient temperatures in the way that’s best for you. Use the IR thermometer to measure hot, moving, electrically energized, and hard-to-reach objects instantly.
With a rugged, easy-to-use, ergonomic design, the two-in-one contact and non-contact thermometers can stand up to tough industrial, electrical, mechanical, and environments. These tools go beyond other IR thermometers helping you work more efficiently in more applications.
Etekcity Infrared thermometer
Practical for both indoor and outdoor use, the Lasergrip 1080 lets you safely measure surface temperatures from a distance while still maintaining laser-sharp accuracy.
- Measure extreme temperatures ranging from -58°F (-50°C) to 1022°F (550°C) without ever needing to come in contact.
- Use the infrared temperature scanner for a high range of applications, from internal electronic components to oven temperatures.
- With user-friendly operation and a temperature measurement range.
The FDA, an agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, protects the public health by assuring the safety, effectiveness, and security of human and veterinary drugs, vaccines, and other biological products for human use, and medical devices like infrared thermometers, digital thermometers, etc.
The most read
As people plan to get back into a rut, many are considering buying technologies that can detect elevated temperatures.
- What is the Top 10 Thermometer Made In the USA in 2020?
- What is the best medical infrared thermometer made in the USA?
- What is the best infrared thermometer made in the USA?
A home use infrared thermometer is a medical device intended for users in any environment outside of a professional healthcare facility.